This picture shows a classic rip current (big white area) which is an excellent way to get outside with minimal effort but due to the strong shore break, exit would be difficult, especially if you have extra weight from lobster and scallops)
I decided to drive down the coastline back to my house just to spot check some other hidden spots, no-go there either. Once I arrived in Mission Beach, I remember wanting to dive the jetty for lobster, I thought what the heck and headed on over to check it out. Once I arrived, I couldn't believe my luck. The conditions were epic! Flat, warm CLEAR water!
Just like being in Catalina at Casino Point, only no long trip to get to it, no humping your gear 1/2 mile to the dive site (I parked, suited up, turned around, walked 5 steps and I was in the water), and best of all NO OTHER PEOPLE, I was the only in the water (albeit it was during the day so hunting for lobster is quite a bit more difficult than it is at night). I'll be heading back tonight for another round, I did see a few legal and LARGE "bugs" so if all goes well, I'll be bringing more home tonight.
Max depth, 17 feet. Dive time, 91minutes (on open circuit- no rebreather)