Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Diving for lobster has been good!

I decided to go out a little earlier this morning to try and get a little more bottom time under the cover of darkness. I left the house around 5AM and was in the water by 5:30AM. This morning, the wind was blowing a bit and the surge was up, not bad however. I went in the usual spot that I have been hitting all week and noticed that I'm starting to become familiar with the rock formations and where the good spots are.

Boats were going out as I was entering the water, mostly the lobster boats that hit the La Jolla Kelp Beds. I was the only diver out this morning and didn't see Team Jackass this time like I did yesterday. The inside rocks (shallow) where extremely surgy so next time I'll need to wear a bit more weight. I dove my HP100 with a backplate and wing this time and was a bit under weighted for the inside places:

-7MM Wetsuit
-Booties
-Jet fins
- 12 lbs of lead (should have had 14-16)
-2 dive lights (LED) which were super bright
- Deep outdoors Backplate with Hollis 40lb wing (the back plate weighs 6lbs negative so I can take that weight off the weight belt)

All in all, once again another great dive at a super easy entry location. Still many legal and plus-sized legal bugs to be had at this spot (although you have to earn them!) I bagged 1 this morning.

Tucker loves lobster