Thursday, March 20, 2008

Horses & Witches

Today we went east of the Ritz, roughly a 20 minute drive, on the north shore to Bracco Estates for some horseback riding.




Our finale dinner on Jamaica was started with a tour, drinks, and show about the Great House of Rose Hall and it's history with Annie Palmer, the White Witch of Jamaica!


Our chariots await, huge Hibiscus bushes, and The White Witch's House at Rose Hall


When we arrived, we were greeted by local school children dancing in traditional outfits and singing local music- it was a fun sight to see


This is the mansion and stars leading into the "dungeon" where the White Witch is said to have tortured her help



Here are a few shots from inside, can you see Annie in the mirror? Look close, she was there!


Jessica entering the dungeon from the back of the mansion



In the dungeon, now converted to a men's and women's restroom (the old jail cells) and a curio shop


Sitting down for the reception & "witch show" before having dinner


With a Gin & Tonic in hand, I decided to get my picture with "Annie". You see, it is said that she was buried here after her salves ripped her body apart. She is said to have been very involved in witchcraft and voodoo so I imagine that she has hexed my "wedding tackle" and we won't be able to have kids! I wasn't the only guy that did this so we'll see! After we left the mansion, we had our palms read by a local voodoo chief. He said the Jessica and I will have 2 kids and I'll live to be 90: did he know I jumped up on the White Witch's grave?