Sunday, April 26, 2009

LAR V

So Jessica and I headed to the dive locker for some time in the pool today, I dove the LAR (Mk25) for about 30 minutes, to a depth of 9 feet (wahoo) at 4500' MSL. Pretty uneventful but it allowed me to check for bubbles and the special attributes of a completely closed loop (no OPV on the lung).

We head out to Nassau on the 5th and I'm pretty bummed I can't take the LAR (there's no way to get the 100% O2 fill required at the resort we are staying at- however we'll be diving OC (open circuit)) so that really sucks. This would be a great piece of kit for the shallows at roughly 180 minutes (3 hours) dive time down to 20 feet (PO2 of 1.6), this would be the ultimate "snorkel gear."

So without flapping on any longer, here a few pictures from today.