Note, on Tuesday I was locked out of my car after diving, Jessica wasn't happy with me!
The air was in the mid to high 50's and the water a warm 60F. Exceptionally clear at 30'-40' visibility (epic for San Diego) and flat as a pancake in the water. This is as close to a swimming pool as you get in San Diego so it was time to hit the water and go bug huntin'!
I got in just after sunset and in time for all the bugs to wake up from thier daytime sleep. I entered the water off "No-Mans" which is my very favorite site and after crawling over some rocks and swimming through some surf grass, my secret spot opened up- and there were BUGS EVERYWHERE! Most are too small for minimum size but it was very nice to see tons of antennae and beady eyes looking up at me.
I dropped down to about 15 feet (nice right) and started my search. The water was warm (in my 7mm wetsuit) and crystal clear. Inside the "zone" it was a bit surgy as a swell is building here but that's no problem, just relax and go with the flow- litterally.
No video for this post and I had my hands full with lights, lobster gauge, and rocks. But, I did bag 1 legal lobster and a very nice abalone shell for Jessica's collection.